July 25, 2012
It’s a little hot for traditional soup, so David blended up some cool Gazpacho! It’s easier and quicker than you think. Add in some croutons and sour cream for additional texture!
End of Summer Reads
There’s still plenty of time to grab a good beach book! Here today with her list of the latest summer reads was Suzanne DeGaetano.
Check out her picks:
- Jen’s Splendid Ice Creams at Home by Jeni Britton Bauer.
- Destiny of the Republic by Candice Millard.
- Master’s Muse by Varley O’Connor
- The Gilded Age by Claire McMillan
- The Red Chamber by Pauline Chen
- Night Circus by Erin Morganstern
- State of Wonder by Ann Patchett
- Wonder by R. J. Palacio
New Surgery Techniques
You’ve heard of knee and hip replacements, but what about reverse shoulder surgery? Here today was Dr. Bob Zanotti to explain the latest techniques associated with shoulder replacements.
Intended for people in their 60’s or older who have pain as a result of a defective rotator cuff, the surgery involves implanting a “cup and ball” shaped device in the shoulder. Patients can expect relief from the pain within 6 to 8 weeks and are often able to return to their former activities. Fairly new to the United States, the procedure is only being performed by an elite group of highly skilled orthopedic surgeons.
Dr. Robert Zanotti
The Center for Orthopedics
Locations in Sheffield Village and Westlake
Easy Herbal Rub
Spice up your next backyard barbecue with fresh herbs! Add herbs to sea salt for a mouthwatering rub!
– A well-written thank you note is easy to craft in three steps:
1. Say thanks for the gift
2. Mention how you’re going to use the gift
3. Add a compliment to the giver
– The note doesn’t need to be long
– Be gracious, specific, prompt, succinct and personal
– Let your personality shine through your words
– Send the note as soon as possible after you’ve received the gift