Fog Machine Mishap Injures 22 at Hollywood Concert

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

By KTLA News

Hollywood, CA (KTLA) — Nearly two dozen people were treated at the Avalon nightclub in Hollywood after they were reportedly injured by a fog machine.

According to Twitter reports, the space, located on Vine Street near Hollywood Boulevard, was hosting the Teen Choice Awards Pre-Party beginning at 6 p.m. Saturday.

The event came to an abrupt end 20 minutes later when several patrons complained of breathing problems after exposure to theatrical fog vapors, according to Los Angeles Fire Department spokesman Brian Humphrey.

Fire officials say 22 teens and adults were examined by paramedics on scene, but most were reported to have felt better after getting fresh air.

Some people also reported having superficial burn injuries from the smoke effect.

Six people were transported to local hospitals.

The band Midnight Red, who was scheduled to perform at the event, tweeted that the concert was canceled and that the event may have been packed over capacity.

“Due to the riot the show has been cancelled! Avalon has been shut down,” the band band tweeted.

No band members or performers were injured.

(CNN)

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.