July 5, 2012
You only live once! That’s the motto of Battery Park Wine Bar. Executive Chef Dimitris Ragousis joined David in the kitchen to assemble their Spanish Potato and Green Bean Salad. This easy and light summer dish is perfect for entertaining guests!
Check out Battery Park Wine Bar at the Grapes and Ale event presented by Giant Eagle. This charity event benefits Our Lady of the Wayside and features over 200 domestic and international wines, paired with BBQ from Cleveland’s best restaurants.
Grapes & Ale
Friday, July 13, 2012
Grapes and Ale Summer Wines
In honor of Grapes and Ale , we took a look at this season’s hot wine trends that will be making an appearance at the event. Olivier Kielwasser, Director of Beer, Wine, and Liquor at Giant Eagle was here to give us the scoop.
This year’s hot trends in Wine:
- Sweet whites (Moscato) – Ecco Domani Moscato from Italy, Ménage à Trois Moscato from California; and their pink offsprings (such as Sutter Home Pink Moscato)
- White Blends – Apothic White and Primal Roots White, both from California
- Red Blends – Concannon Conservancy “Crimson & Clover” from Livermore Valley (California) and Thorny Rose Red Blend from California
- New up & coming country: Argentina – with Malbec (Diseño Malbec)
Wines to beat the summer heat
- Whites: Refreshing New Zealand Sauvignon Blancs (Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc, Seaglass Sauvignon Blanc), Pinot Grigio (Ruffino Lumina Pinot Grigio from Italy), Chardonnay (Edna Valley from California)
- Reds: Light Reds (Pinot Noir, Fruity Red Blends, Malbec, Zinfandel)
Moss at the Movies
It’s a great summer for big blockbusters! David checked out the newest action film to arrive, “The Amazing Spiderman!” David brought us back some behind the scenes footage and interviews with the movies biggest stars; Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, and Denis Leary.
This newest installment to the Spiderman legacy stays close to the comic book version. It’s in theaters now!
Who’s Who at the Zoo
We brought you another behind-the-scenes look at The Cleveland Metroparks Zoo when we got a chance to talk with the Director of the Zoo, Steve Taylor. Thanks to people like Steve, there are all sorts of family programs available to educate and entertain.
Be sure to check out their website here and plan your visit!
Main Street Cupcakes
To help us sweeten up our summer today was Sarah Forrer from Main Street Cupcakes! She gave Kristi some great tips for decorating cupcakes with the whole family.
Main Street Cupcakes now have over 250 flavors of cupcakes, with more being invented everyday! Stop by one of their locations in Medina, Hudson or Rocky River.
Sarah’s easy decorating tips?
- Have your kids mix together their favorite colors of sprinkles, put a dollop of icing on each cupcake, and let them dip the tops into the bowl of sprinkles.
- Use an ice cream scooper to apply frosting to each cupcake. It’s an easier and mess free way for your kids to do it themselves.
Rocky River Sunflower Wine Festival
Old Detroit Road, Rocky River