Emma Stone – Banana Bread
Courtesy of Shutterbean.com – Tessy’s Banana Bread
- 1 cup plus all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- coarse salt
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup buttermilk (I used 1/2 cup plain yogurt)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 large banana, mashed (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
For the topping:
- 1 tablespoon cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon flour
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a loaf pan. Or be like me and use Pam. I make enough mess in the kitchen. Me and butter hands don’t mix.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together 1 cup flour, the sugar, baking powder, baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
3. Stir in the melted butter and the buttermilk (yogurt if you wanna be like me). Add the egg and beat for 1 minute. Add the banana and vanilla. Stir until well combined. Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared pan.
4. Make a topping by mashing together the tablespoon of cold butter with the tablespoon of flour, the brown sugar, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt. Distribute the topping evening over the batter. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until cake tester or toothpick stuck in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Cut and serve from the pan.
I dare you to wait 10 minutes for it to be cooled.