Recipes: Classic Steak Butter, Ranchero Rub
Recipes by chefs Michael Ollier and Scott Popovic with Certified Angus Beef®
Grilled Ribeye Steak with Classic Steak Butter
- 4 (10-ounce) Certified Angus Beef® ribeye steaks
- 1/2 pound unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon roasted garlic
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped shallots
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Thoroughly combine softened butter with garlic, salt, pepper, shallots, parsley, sage and rosemary. Roll with plastic wrap into a log shape 1-inch in diameter; refrigerate 2 hours or until butter is solid. (Note: Recipe will yield 16 butter servings; reserve 12 for another use.)
- Season steaks with salt and pepper. Grill to desired doneness.
- Cut butter into 1/4-inch slices and serve over steaks.
Nutritional Information per Serving: 509 Calories; 33g Fat; 17g Saturated Fat; 204mg Cholesterol; 0g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 60g Protein; 454mg Sodium; 31% daily value Iron (based on 2,000 calorie diet).
Alternative cuts: Cowboy steak, Strip steak, T-bone steak. … Cooking method: Grilling.
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon ancho chile powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- Combine all ingredients. Rub seasoning into selected Certified Angus Beef® brand cut just before grilling or cooking.
Yields 1/4 cup, ideal for 2 pounds Certified Angus Beef® brand product.