John Doe #2 Drops Out, Ends Travolta Sex Suit
By Alan Duke, CNN
LOS ANGELES — The remaining plaintiff in the sexual battery lawsuit against John Travolta fired his lawyer, bringing an end to the case, the lawyer told CNN on Thursday.
The suit filed in federal court last week accused the actor of groping two male massage therapists at hotels in Los Angeles and Atlanta in January.
Attorney Okorie Okorocha, who initially represented the men identified only as John Doe #1 and John Doe #2, said he did not know why his Atlanta client decided to withdraw from the lawsuit.
John Doe #1, who said that Travolta sexually harassed him at the Beverly Hills Hotel, hired Los Angeles attorney Gloria Allred on Tuesday, just hours after he withdrew from Okorocha’s lawsuit.
Allred said in a statement Tuesday that she and her new client would discuss if a new lawsuit would be filed against Travolta.
Travolta’s lawyer, Martin Singer, called the allegations by the men “ridiculous.”