Recipe by Chef Matthew Mytro, of Flour restaurant in Moreland Hills
- 10# Short Ribs
- 2 Onions
- 4 Celery ribs
- 2 Carrots
- 12 cloves Garlic
- 1 cup Red Wine
- 1/2 gallon Chocolate Milk
- 1/2 gallon water
- Season Short Ribs heavely with salt & pepper and place on grill.
- Caramelize mirepoix and garlic in large rondo and deglaze pan with red wine and reduce by half.
- Add chocolate milk and water to rondo and bring liquid to a simmer.
- Place ribs book shelf style in a large hotel pan.
- Pour liquid over ribs and make sure the ribs are covered with enough liquid.
- Layer liquid with parchment paper.
- Cook in a 300 degree oven for one hr and then cook at 250 degrees for 3 more hours.
- Rest ribs at room temp for one hour.
- Carefully remove the ribs from liquid and cool on sheet tray in walk in.
- Strain liquid into china cap and then through a chinois and reserve liquid in walk in.
- Portion ribs (6-7 oz) in cryovac bags with 3 oz of reserved liquid.
- Label and date portioned ribs.