Recipe by Chef Steve Schimoler, owner of Crop Bistro
- 2 large sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 pint shitake and portabello mushrooms, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 4 slices bacon, cooked & diced
- salt & pepper
- 1 egg
- Dice and simmer potatoes until soft.
- Melt butter is pan.
- Add potatoes, peppers and mushrooms. Toss well.
- Add cooked bacon.
- Season with rosemary, thyme, salt & pepper.
- Cook on medium without stirring 3-4 minutes until brown.
- Stir, continue to cook until mixture is caramelized.
- Serve with fried egg on top.