My Town: Maple Sugaring Weekend at Lake Metroparks Farmpark
KIRTLAND, Ohio – Learn how delicious maple syrup makes its way from tree to table during Maple Sugaring Weekend at Lake Metroparks Farmpark this weekend.
On Saturday and Sunday, March 10 and 11, you can watch the entire process as sap is collected, boiled, and turned into maple syrup and other products. You may even get a chance to tap a tree and gather sap yourself! The hours are 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. both days.
Maple sugaring activities and demonstrations include:
- Maple flavored ice cream making
- Sugar bush and maple conservation tours
- Make a model mokuk (bark bucket)
- Silver dollar pancake samples
- Horse-drawn sap gathering
- Hand tree tapping
- Sugar making
- Maple leaf craft
- History of maple sugar exhibit
Click here for more information.