Chardon High School Shootings: Tight Security in Court

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Chardon Local Schools Superintendent Joseph Bergant II and Community Coordinator Ellen Ondrey were among those who discussed the situation with Fox 8 News on Monday morning. Ondrey said that the high school was on lockdown and that the entire district was in “crisis mode” as police continue to investigate the terrible situation.

Ondrey added that students at the high school and middle school had already started their day and bus runs for elementary school kids were stopped. Arrangements were made to get every CLS student home safely. Parents of high school students were instructed to go to Maple Elementary School to pick up their children.

A parent with whom Fox 8 News talked said that his child had called him from inside the high school. His son suggested that the shootings started in the cafeteria and that a total of five shots were fired.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.