Maria Scali’s Fascinating Facts
1. Once had 3 pet chickens: Henry, Henrietta and Chi Chi
2. First Generation American. Parents emigrated from Italy in 1952. I can speak Italian.
3. Truly one of Cleveland’s Own. Born at St. Alexis Hospital in Cleveland, which no longer exists. Lived in Cleveland until age 5, Graduated from Garfield Heights High School and Kent State University.
4. I was the only non-music major in the Kent Singers when I attended Kent State.
5. Was on the Forensics Team (speech team) at Kent State and placed second in the state with an informative speech on the medicinal uses of garlic.
6. See many high school sports games, with two children who are three-sport athletes.
7. Broke a huge living room window while watching the Cleveland Indians on TV. Used a baton as a bat — swung the bat when Duke Sims did. He struck out — and the rubber ball of the baton flew off and broke the window.
8. My daughter was born during daylight savings. Saw the hospital clock move from 2 to 3am during labor. Quickest hour of labor!!