Chocolate-Cherry Heart Smart Cookie Recipe
Chocolate-Cherry Heart Smart Cookies
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup artificial sweetener blend brown sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened dried cherries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Cooking spray
Makes 30 cookies (serving size=1 cookie)
1. Preheat the oven to 350.
2. Lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups, level with a knife. Combine flours, oatmeal, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl, stir with a whisk.
3. Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat; add brown sugar, stirring until smooth. Add sugar mixture to flour mixture; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add cherries, vanilla, and egg, beat until combined. Fold in chocolate. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
4. Bake at 350 for 12 minutes. Cool on pans 3 minutes of until almost firm. Remove cookies from pans, cool on wire racks.