Whole Foods Market Cedar Center ‘Traditional’ Guacamole
Serves a generous portion for 4-6 people.
6 ripe Haas avocados
2 cloves of garlic, chopped fine
1 whole white onion (or red works great too)
1/3 bunch of cilantro (optional)
1 jalapeno, seeded and diced small (roast in oven for smokier, less hot flavor before chopping)
Salt and pepper to taste
Generous squeeze of one fresh lime
- Cut into avocado and remove seed.
- Scrape green flesh into bowl and mash to desired consistency.
- Add all other ingredients and mix well.
- Best to sit for about 1 hour in fridge.
- Serve with tortilla chips, pita or crackers.
- Start with basic guacamole above.
- Add 1 or 2 diced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce from can (found in international section of stores).
- One large tomato, finely diced.
- Mix and serve. Add more heat with some cumin or chili powder.
- A dollop of sour cream will cool it down.
- Enjoy and share!