Recipes provided by Certified Angus Beef LLC and executed by Chef Michael Ollier
These recipes are perfect for Super Bowl Sunday!
Classic Pot Roast
4 pounds Certified Angus Beef chuck roast
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 large yellow onion, peeled and cut in large pieces
3 large carrots, peeled and cut in chunks
3 stalks celery, cut in chunks
4 sprigs thyme
2 bay leaves
8 black peppercorns
1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
3 cups red wine
4 cups beef stock
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 175°F.
2. Preheat heavy bottom pan on stovetop at medium-high heat. Season roast with freshly ground black pepper. Add oil to pan until hot.
3. Add roast and sear on all sides; remove from pan. Add onion, carrots, celery, thyme, bay leaves and peppercorns to pan; allow vegetables to caramelize.
4. Add tomato paste and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Deglaze pan with red wine and cook another 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Add roast back to pan and add beef stock. Place plan in oven or transfer all ingredients into a slow cooker.
6. Braise for approximately 6 hours, until fork tender.