Orange High School Threats: FBI Executes Search Warrant
A spokesperson for the Orange School District confirms to Fox 8’s Jack Shea that the Federal Bureau of Investigation executed a search warrant on Tuesday related to the recent rash of emailed bomb threats directed at Orange High School.
Orange Schools Communication Coordinator Lou DeVincentis says that the FBI informed the district in advance, but did not provide specific details regarding the search warrant.
Scott Wilson, special agent with the FBI’s Cleveland Division, confirms that his department did indeed search a home in Orange Village on Tuesday morning, but he would not elaborate.
Starting on Nov. 6, threatening emails were sent to school and media officials that forced Orange High to shut down for three days. After that, classes resumed under tighter security, but the emails kept coming, many threatening to harm students and staff with biological agents. The last documented threat was sent on Nov. 21.
Wilson had previously said that each email was analyzed by the FBI office in Quantico, Va. He believed someone was holding back information that could help identify the person(s) responsible for the threats.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with any information is still encouraged to contact the Pepper Pike Police Department or the FBI.