Chardon school bus catches fire at district garage

CHARDON, Ohio-- A Chardon Local Schools bus caught on fire at the district's bus garage Thursday morning.

The fire nearly burned itself out before firefighters arrived at the facility, located on Maple Avenue. The Chardon Fire Department said it does not appear to be malicious, but the case is still under investigation.

The spare bus was completely destroyed and a second was significantly damaged. Another maintenance vehicle was also affected by fire and heat.

"Since the affected buses were spares, the transportation of our students has not been impacted by the fire," superintendent Michael Hanlon said in a news release on Thursday.

No one was injured.