Cleveland Browns introduce three new players

BEREA, Ohio– The Cleveland Browns introduced three new players during a media availability on Thursday.

Jarvis Landry, Tyrod Taylor and Damarious Randall told reporters they are excited about the opportunity to join the Browns. But they aren’t dwelling on the team’s 0-16 record from last year.

“I can’t really focus on that,” Taylor said.

“Everyone is 0-0,” Landry said.

“New year, new team,” Randall added.

Taylor was asked about the Browns drafting a quarterback. He said that’s out of his hands, and he’s going to do everything he can to help this team win now.

“Taking care of the football is No. 1. Show me a team that has a bunch of turnovers and I’ll show you a team that’s not playing in January,” Taylor said. He threw just 16 interceptions in the past three years.

Taylor and Landry both had a lot of praise for the weapons on offense, including Josh Gordon and Corey Coleman.

“Just looking at the roster, it’s a tremendous group of talent,” Taylor said. “This community deserves a winning team and I’m looking forward to being the guy leading the group.”

“It’s almost a pick-your-poison type of offense,” Landry said.

While most of the news conference focused on Taylor, Randall talked about his move from cornerback to safety, saying, “I’m going to try to learn this defense as fast as possible.”

The Browns were busy last week. On Friday, they acquired wide receiver Landry from the Dolphins and got quarterback Taylor from the Bills. Then they traded quarterback DeShone Kizer to Green Bay in exchange for cornerback Randall.

Cleveland also traded lineman Danny Shelton to the Patriots and are expected to sign free agent running back Carlos Hyde.

Throughout the action, the Browns kept the No. 1 and No. 4 overall picks in the 2018 NFL Draft.

More stories on the Cleveland Browns here

Jen Steer March 15, 201812:35 pm

The availability was expected to begin at 12:30 p.m. It looks like we’re running behind.

Jen Steer March 15, 201812:42 pm

It should start in about 10 minutes.

Jen Steer March 15, 201812:53 pm

“It’s a great opportunity,” Tyrod Taylor says. He says the moves by Ken Dorsey and Hue Jackson show the team is trying to win now.

Jen Steer March 15, 201812:55 pm

When asked about the 0-16 record from last year: “I can’t really focus on that,” Taylor says. “Taking it one day at a time, individually getting better.” Landry says, “Everyone is 0-0.”

Jen Steer March 15, 201812:55 pm

Damarious Randall says he’s happy to move from conerback to safety. “I’m going to try to learn this defense as fast as possible.”

Jen Steer March 15, 201812:56 pm

When asked about a team that’s been looking for a starting QB: “It’s a work in progress. Just looking at the roster, it’s a tremendous group of talent,” Taylor says. “This community deserves a winning team and I’m looking forward to being the guy leading the group.”

Jen Steer March 15, 201812:57 pm

Taylor says drafting a quarterback is out of his hands. With being in the league eight years, he just wants to come in and do what he can to turn the team around.

Jen Steer March 15, 201812:58 pm

“You never can predict anything in this league. I worked my butt off, day in and day out, there and I’m going to do the same thing here,” Taylor says about leaving Buffalo.

Jen Steer March 15, 201812:59 pm

“Walking in confident, letting guys know you’re the guy,” Taylor says. He says he’s looking forward to learning the system and meeting his teammates, getting to know them.

Jen Steer March 15, 20181:00 pm

Tyrod Taylor and Jarvis Landry joke about a touchdown they shared in the Pro Bowl a few years ago.

Jen Steer March 15, 20181:01 pm

“When you got a group of guys who are as talented as Josh Gordon, Corey Coleman, Tyrod Taylor,” Jarvis Landry says they’re going to make things happen.

Jen Steer March 15, 20181:02 pm

Landry says he’s a confident guy, but wants to learn from Gordon and Coleman to become a better player.

Jen Steer March 15, 20181:03 pm

“I know Flash,” Landry says with a smile about Josh Gordon. They’ve met a few times. “It’s almost a pick-your-poison type of offense,” with weapons like Landry, Gordon, Coleman and Carlos Hyde.

Jen Steer March 15, 20181:04 pm

“I’m excited to be a Brown… I’m excited about the future here,” Landry says.

Jen Steer March 15, 20181:05 pm

Landry, who spent his career in Miami, says he’s there to make plays, regardless of the weather.

Jen Steer March 15, 20181:07 pm

“Taking care of the football is No. 1. Show me a team that has a bunch of turnovers and I’ll show you a team that’s not playing in January,” Taylor says. He had 16 turnovers over the past three seasons, as opposed to DeShone Kizer’s 22 in one season.

Jen Steer March 15, 20181:07 pm

“Chemistry is definitely a big part of the wide receiver-quarterback relationship for sure,” Taylor says.

Jen Steer March 15, 20181:10 pm

“I’ve always made the best out of any situation,” Landry says. He says he didn’t know Tyrod Taylor was coming too, but was happy to hear he would be playing with a guy he’s face two times a year and knowing what he can bring to the table. Landry says Taylor was “icing on the cake.”

Jen Steer March 15, 20181:11 pm

This group did not know that Joe Thomas would retire. Taylor says Thomas will be in Canton, at the Pro Football Hall of Fame, soon.

Jen Steer March 15, 20181:13 pm

“I hope I’m helping bridge this team to a Super Bowl,” Taylor says. He’ll be the 29th starter since 1999. “All you can do is learn from the past. You can’t sit there and dwell on it.”

Jen Steer March 15, 20181:14 pm

“With the moves being made, the natural feeling is that we’re trying to win now,” Taylor says.

Jen Steer March 15, 20181:15 pm

“I am very excited about the opportunity that’s in front of us,” Landry says. He says some people don’t believe him, but he’s excited about the players and coaches.