Kenston Intermediate School evacuated after teacher feels sick due to odor

Courtesy: FOX 8 viewer

CHAGRIN FALLS, Ohio–Kenston Intermediate School  has been evacuated due to an odor.

According to Kenston Local Schools, a teacher felt ill because of that odor and a 911 call was placed at around 1 p.m.

The Bainbridge Fire Department responded to the scene and the building was evacuated.  The staff member is being evaluated by EMS.

Fire officials said the incident was caused by an initial dust burn from starting up a heating unit; the building was inspected and there were no detectable odors of gas or presence of carbon monoxide, according to the Bainbridge Fire Department.

Parents can pick up their children at the high school or students can ride the bus home.

Last month, fumes forced Kenston Middle School to be evacuated on two separate occasions.

Stay with FOX 8 News and FOX8.com for more details.