CLEVELAND, Ohio — For the second year in a row, the Cleveland Clinic has been ranked the “Second Best Hospital in the Nation.”
That’s according to the latest issue of “U.S. News and World Report.”
Mayo Clinic came in at No. 1. Johns Hopkins Hospital was No. 3 and Massachusetts General Hospital came in at No. 4.
The Clinic was also ranked the best hospital in Ohio. Complete Ohio and regional rankings compiled by U.S. News are:
- Cleveland Clinic – No. 1 in Ohio; No. 1 in the Cleveland area
- Fairview Hospital – No. 6 in Ohio; No. 3 in the Cleveland area
- Hillcrest Hospital – No. 7 in Ohio; No. 4 in the Cleveland area
- Akron General Hospital – No. 10 in Ohio
- Marymount Hospital – No. 24 in Ohio; No. 6 in the Cleveland area
- South Pointe Hospital – No. 24 in Ohio; No. 6 in the Cleveland area
In all, 14 Cleveland Clinic specialties earned national rankings, including 10 specialties ranked among the Top 5 nationwide.
Cardiology & Heart Surgery: 1
Ear, Nose & Throat: 16
Gastroenterology/GI Surgery: 2
“I am incredibly proud of this organization and everyone who works here,” Toby Cosgrove, M.D., Cleveland Clinic president and CEO said in a release. “These rankings are a reflection of our caregivers’ unwavering commitment to providing the very best care to the patients we are privileged to serve.”
For the entire list of rankings in all areas from U.S. News and World Report, click here.