KENT, Ohio - Kent police have posted a graphic warning about the very real dangers of public drug use.
In a Facebook post, they tell how an officer was called out to a gas station for reports of a suspicious person. The officer found that person ingesting what was suspected to be heroin or Fentanyl in one of the station's restroom stalls.
A police report states “there was an uncapped needle, spoon with a cotton ball, and two bindles on the baby station,” one of which contained a white powder. Police said the suspect’s sleeve was rolled up.
But what prompted the warning was that blood and traces of the drugs were left in the stall. In fact, the drug itself was found on the restroom's baby-changing station. Police want to warn everyone that these drugs could be absorbed through the skin and are potentially fatal.
They are urging everyone to be very aware of their surroundings when they are in a public restroom, as they are very common locations for drug transactions and also for drug use:"Please be very mindful of this for your safety and your kids'..."
Police arrested 42 year-old Jason Fischer on charges including possession of drug abuse instruments and possession of drug paraphernalia.
He was arraigned Monday afternoon. Investigators said more charges against Fischer are possible pending test results of the powder. Fischer has an extensive history of drugs charges and was listed among Portage County’s Most Wanted Fugitives.