CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Pulled pork sliders are a great party food any time of the year, but teamed up with 'A Taste of Excellence' Chef Bill Rini's Texan Salsa and chips, it is a perfect recipe the 2017 Super Bowl Party. Fox 8's Wayne Dawson learned how to make the tasty dish just in time for the big game.
Click here to learn more about A Taste of Excellence Catering.
Pulled Pork Sliders
6 lbs bone in pork shoulder
4 cups v-8 juice
¼ cup cumin
2 – cups apple cider vinegar
5 – Bay leaves
2 – cups water
Salt & Pepper
20 slider rolls
- In a 4” deep pan place pork and season with salt & Pepper. Add additional ingredients and cover tightly with foil. Bake at 350 for 5 hours. Remove fat cap and shred pork. Place on butter slider roll. Top with salsa or coleslaw of choice.
Texan Salsa with Tri-colored Tortilla Chips
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 (14 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 2 Serrano chilies, seeded and chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bag of tri-colored tortilla chips
- Combine chives, cilantro, garlic, tomatoes, peppers, salt and pepper to taste in an electric blender. Pulse until the salsa is to your desired consistency.