Shareable Holiday Punch
Courtesy of: Punch Bowl Social, Cleveland
Thanksgiving Punch – Banquete Familia “Family Feast”
- 8 parts El Jimador Reposado
- 2 parts orange liqueur (Grand Marnier, Cointreau)
- 12 parts house made mulled apple cider*
- 4 parts McClary Bros Apple Pie Shrub
- 1 part house made citrus syrup**
Garnish with lemon and lime wheels and rosemary sprigs
Combine all ingredients in shaker tins, shake vigorously and strain into a large punch bowl.
*to make the mulled apple cider – juice 16 – 20 braeburn or honey crisp apples through a vegetable juicer to yield around a quart, juice more or less depending. Add one TBSP whole allspice, one TBSP whole cloves, 1 cinnamon stick and one orange sliced into wheels. Mix ingredients and bring to a boil, simmer on low for 1 hour. Strain cider and set aside to chill.
**to make the citrus syrup – quarter 4 lemons, 4 oranges, and 2 grapefruits, cover with 6 cups of sugar. Let sit for at least 5 days, stirring mixture each day. Pour contents into a strainer and push all remaining juice out of fruit. Add one cup of hot water at a time and stir until sugar is completely dissolved.
Family-friendly, non-alcoholic Punch – 12 Grapes for 12 Months
- 4 oz blackberry syrup (Monin, Torani)
- 4 oz lime juice
- 8 oz pomegranate juice
- 1 bottle sparkling grape juice – non-alcoholic
- Frozen light green grapes
Shake first 3 ingredients and strain into bowl. Fill with ice. Pour sparkling grape juice over ice and stir with ladle. Garnish with frozen grapes