Courtesy of: Ray Hamilton, New Day Cleveland Viewer
- 2 nice sized eggplants
- a quart of spaghetti sauce (your choice)
- Parmesan cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Bread crumbs
- Cooking oil
- First peel your eggplant after slicing off the top stem and the bottom core.
- Cut the eggplant into medium thin slices, dip the eggplant into well beaten eggs, let excess egg drip off, then dip into Italian bread crumbs until totally covered.
- Drop slices into heating oil around 300 degrees and only cook till golden brown.
- Place some spaghetti sauce into the bottom of your baking pan
- Now cover the bottom of the pan with your eggplant. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the eggplant generously and then cover with mozzarella cheese.
- Add a little bit of sauce on top of that now place another layer of eggplant and repeat that process till your at the top of the baking pan.
- Cover and place in your oven at about 350 degrees cook for at least 1 hour or until you see the cheese it’s fairly melted and it’s nice and hot all the way through.