- 1 ½ – 2 lbs. of stew meat
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can of cream of celery soup
- 1 can of cream of tomato soup
- 1 package of French onion soup
- 2 C. water mixed with 2 Tbsp. flour
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ½ C. red wine
- Pepper to taste
- Cubed or chopped potatoes, onions, carrots and celery.
Mix together and cook in a crock pot for 8 hours on low or 4-6 hours on high. Serve over noodles.
Savory Bread Spread
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 sticks of butter, softened
- Garlic to taste
- 1 -2 Tbsp. chives
- Herbs of choice
Mix well and serve with bread.
Easy Apple Strudel
- 1 Sheet of puff pastry
- 2 -3 apples, chopped
- Water with lemon
- 1/3 C. sugar (more or less to taste and depending on the sweetness of apples)
- 1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- Coarse sugar for decoration or regular sugar
Put the apples in the lemon water to prevent browning.
Drain the apples and mix with sugar, cinnamon and flour.
Arrange a single layer of apples on the puff pastry, leaving 1 inch or so in the side.
Roll up pastry, and seal on the side without apples; brush with water and press together.
Transfer to a parchment paper lined pan, seam side down.
Make 3 – 5 slits in the top of the pastry.
Sprinkle with the coarse sugar.
Bake in a 375 degree preheated oven until golden brown.
Serve warm or cooled.