- ½ lb ground beef
- ½ lb bulk Italian sausage
- ¾ C. uncooked white rice
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ C. shredded parmesan or Romano cheese
- 1 tbs fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 6 red bell peppers tops and seeds removed
- 1 C. beef broth
- 1 – 14 oz can chopped tomatoes
Slow cooker or crock pot
Combine first nine ingredients in bowl.
Fill hollow peppers almost to top. Using your finger or the handle of a wooden spoon, make a hole in the middle of the meat mixture about 3/4 deep into the pepper. This will allow for expansion during cooking.
Place peppers in crock pot. Pour beef broth around peppers. Top peppers with chopped tomatoes. Slow cook for 6-8 hours.
Serve with mashed potatoes!