CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The Cleveland Indians have announced pregame festivities ahead of the ALCS Game 1 at Progressive Field Friday.
The Indians are encouraging all fans to #RockRed Tribe gear throughout the ALCS to help maintain the Indians' home-field advantage against the Blue Jays. The Indians were 53-28 at Progressive Field this season, second best in baseball and won two straight against Boston last weekend.
First pitch is set for 8 p.m. Indians Hall of Famer Andre "Thunder" Thornton will throw the ceremonial first pitch.
Gates open at 6 p.m. Pregame festivities include Tom Hamilton as emcee, Budweiser activation and Cleveland students manning the American flag on the field during the National Anthem.
Other festivities include:
- Tom Hamilton will emcee on-field pregame festivities
- Veteran local singer Danielle Danburg will sing the American and Canadian national anthems; Dan Polk will sing “God Bless America” during the seventh inning
- Cleveland Metropolitan School District students and staff will volunteer to man a giant American flag on field for the anthem
- Color guards from the Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force and Coast Guard will present the colors
- Budweiser will bring its ‘Bud and Burgers’ trailer to Gateway Plaza, where fans over the age of 21 can enjoy Budweiser products up until game time; Swenson’s Food Truck also will be on hand
- The “Mike Trivisonno Show” will broadcast live from the main concourse (near The Corner) from 3-7:30PM
- WMJI will broadcast live from Gateway Plaza from 5-8PM
- A band will perform live on Gateway Plaza from 5-7:30PM
- DJ Kyro among activities available in First Energy Heritage Plaza (center field) pregame
For continuing coverage, click here.