Columbus Day: What’s open, What’s closed today?
CLEVELAND- It is an extended weekend for some people across Northeast Ohio in recongition of Columbus Day.
As the U.S. observes Columbus Day today, it will also be Indigenous Peoples Day in at least nine U.S. cities, including Albuquerque; Portland, Oregon; St. Paul, Minnesota; and Olympia, Washington.
If you are planning on running any errands today, be sure to check out the list below before you go. There are a number of federal and state offices closed.
What’s opened, what’s closed on Columbus Day?
- Federal offices are closed
- Most banks and credit unions are closed.
- U.S. Post Office will not deliver mail, post offices are closed. UPS and FedEx will be making deliveries today.
- State offices and courts are closed.
- Some city offices remain open.Be sure to call and check if you are heading to a local office.
- Some schools are closed on Columbus Day.
- Stock markets are open.
Today is also the 64th Columbus Day Parade in Little Italy which kicks off at 12 p.m. The parade will begin on Murray Hill Road from the intersection of Cornell Road at noon. The parade will march down Mayfield Road past Holy Rosary Church at 12:15pm where the reveiwing stand will be located.