Melania Trump condemned remarks made by her husband, Donald Trump, in 2005 in which he made sexually aggressive remarks about women.
“The words my husband used are unacceptable and offensive to me,” she said in a statement released by Donald Trump’s campaign. “This does not represent the man that I know. He has the heart and mind of a leader. I hope people will accept his apology, as I have, and focus on the important issues facing our nation and the world. ”
Donald Trump, however, was unwavering.
“I’d never withdraw. I’ve never withdrawn in my life,” Trump told The Washington Post Saturday morning. “No, I’m not quitting. I have tremendous support.”
He also told The Wall Street Journal there is “zero chance I’ll quit.”
The comments suggested that Trump was eager to fully turn away from the lewd and sexually aggressive terms he used to describe women in the 2005 conversation and instead pivot toward his political opponents, whoever they may be.
“They’re not going to make me quit, and they can’t make me quit,” Trump told the Post.
The interviews took place less than 24 hours after previously unaired footage surfaced of Trump bragging about being able to grope women and trying to have sex with a married woman during a 2005 taping for “Access Hollywood.”
**Continuing coverage on this story, HERE**