CLEVELAND- The excitement is building for tonight’s Indians game as the Tribe prepares to take on the Boston Red Sox.
The Indians will send Trevor Bauer to the mound against Boston’s Rick Porcello on Game 1 of the American League Division Series that gets underway in Cleveland tonight.
**FOX 8’s Jessica Dill has a preview in the video above**
Tonight’s game is at 8:08 with gates opening at 6 p.m at Progressive Field.
— Cleveland Indians (@Indians) October 6, 2016
Bauer went 12-8 with a 4.26 ERA in 190 innings this season and was reached for six runs over six innings against the Red Sox.
Porcello won his only start against the Indians this year on his way to a major league-leading 22 victories.
If you are heading down to the game, here is a look at pregame festivities:
- Tito Francona, former Indians outfielder and father of manager Terry Francona, to throw ceremonial first pitch
- Veteran local singer Jon Ridinger will sing the National Anthem
- Cleveland Metropolitan School District students and staff will volunteer to man a giant American flag on field for the anthem
- Color guards from the Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force and Coast Guard will present the colors
- Indians scouts and player development staff members will be recognized on field during pregame ceremonies
- Budweiser will bring its ‘Bud and Burgers’ trailer to Gateway Plaza, where fans over the age of 21 can enjoy Budweiser products up until game time
- The band “We Are Radio” will perform live on Gateway Plaza from 5-7:30PM
- Destination Cleveland’s “This is CLE” letters also will be on the plaza for photo opportunities
- Dueling pianos are among the activities available in FirstEnergy Heritage Plaza (center field) pregame
Fans will receive a red #RallyTogether towel as they’re heading into the game.
**Expect delays if you’re heading downtown.
“No Parking” will be designated in the following areas on both sides of the street:
- Prospect Avenue from Ontario Street to East14th Street
- Huron Road from Ontario Street to Prospect Avenue.
- Bolivar Road from East 9th Street to East 14th Street
- Carnegie Avenue from East 9th Street to East 14th Street
- East 9th Street from Superior Avenue to Carnegie Avenue
- East 4th Street from Huron Road to Prospect Avenue
You can ride RTA. The Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority is celebrating the Indians this playoff season by extending service on all rail lines for playoff games.
Late-night service will be available on the Red, Blue and Green Line. Service will be guaranteed for an hour after each game ends.
You can park for free at any of the rail parking lots, buy a $5.50 All-Day Pass, take the train to Tower City, and use the Walkway to reach Progressive Field.
The Walkway will be open four hours before game time:
- Thursday, the Walkway opens at 4 p.m. for an 8 p.m. game.
- Friday, the Walkway opens at 12:30 p.m. for a 4:30 p.m. game.
Show your support for the WINdians by submitting a picture below.You can also send us a picture to firstname.lastname@example.org