ELYRIA, Ohio-- More details about the services for fallen Ohio State Highway Patrol Trooper Kennth Velez were released Tuesday afternoon.
Velez was outside of his cruiser on Interstate 90 in Cleveland on Thursday when he was hit by a car. He recently celebrated his 48th birthday and leaves behind three children.
The trooper will lay in state at the field house at Lorain County Community College in Elyria from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Wednesday. The funeral will be at the field house at 10 a.m. Thursday.
The motorcade on Thursday will take the following route:
- Exit Lorain Community College onto Abbe Road north (right)(SR-301)
- Abbe Road north to North Ridge Road west (left)(SR-254)
- North Ridge Road west to Broadway Avenue (right)
- Broadway Avenue north to North Ridge Road west (left)
- North Ridge Road west to Calvary Cemetery (left into south side)
As the procession passes Durling Middle School, students will be outside to honor the trooper, funeral home officials said.