Courtesy of: Giada Valenti
Ingredients (Serving 4 people)
- 1 can whole peeled San Marzano tomatoes or diced San Marzano tomatoes.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- 1/4 pound pancetta, diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- 1 pound bucatini or spaghetti, cooked until al dente
- Grated parmigiano-reggiano and pecorino cheese
Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. When hot, add the cloves of garlic.
When brown, take it out and add the pancetta. Let it cook for 5 to 7 minutes, until golden brown.
Add the red pepper flakes and saute 1 minute. Add the pureed tomatoes.
Reduce the heat to medium low and stir well. Cook, uncovered, 10 minutes until the sauce darkens and thickens. Add some of the grated pecorino and Parmiggiano- Reggiano.
Toss with just-cooked pasta and serve with a sprinkling of the Parmiggiano-Reggiano and the pecorino cheese and a drizzle of olive oil.