It was another big day and night of high school football.
Here's a look at some of the final scores in Saturday's matchups:
- St. Ignatius beat Mentor, 49-7.
- Benedictine beat Akron-Buchtel, 35-27.
- Lake Catholic scored a win over Cleveland Central Catholic. Final score was 30-6.
- Elyria beat Lorain, 32-18.
- Padua scored a win over Holy Name. The score was 21-16.
- Norwalk St. Paul beat St. Joseph C.C., 42-3.
- Shaker Heights beat John Adams, 45-0.
- Shaw scored a huge win over Whitney Young, 52-0.
- Western Reserve Academy won, 64-62, over Cardinal Stritch Catholic High School.
**check out highlights of some of Saturday's games in the video above**
Last night, the Friday Night Touchdown Game of the Week, as voted by the fans, was Grand Valley at Kirtland. Last season, Grand Valley stunned the Hornets, ending Kirtland's long regular-season winning streak.
This year, Kirtland came out on top with a 29-7 win.
Two defending state champs squared off Friday night. The St. Edward Eagles traveled to Dowed Field in Akron, defeating the Akron Hoban Knights, 10-7.
Avon topped Avon Lake, while Akron St. Vincent-St topped Walsh Jesuit.