Parade travel plans: What you need to know about getting around downtown CLE
But, here’s what you need to know about travel options:
The RTA is offering a commemorative championship $5 all-day round trip pass which will be on sale at all Rapid transit stations during Wednesday’s festivities. Trains will operate every 10 minutes.
There will be two interim terminals for buses traveling downtown between 9:30 a.m. and 7 p.m. One terminal will be used as the drop-off/pick-up zone for East Side buses, and the other will be used for the West Side buses.
To reach RTA by car
- From the northwest, drive east on I-90 to the Triskett Rapid Station. Ride the Red Line to Tower City.
- From the southwest, drive east on I-480 to the Brookpark Rapid Station. Ride the Red Line to Tower City.
- From the south, drive north on I-71 to the Puritas Rapid Station at West 150th Street. Ride the Red Line to Tower City.
- From I-271, drive west on Chagrin Blvd. to the municipal lot north of the Farnsleigh Rapid Station. Ride the Blue Line to Tower City.
- From the east, park at the Green Road Rapid Station. Ride the Green Line to Tower City.
- From the northeast, drive west on Euclid Avenue to the Louis Stokes Station at Windermere. Ride the HealthLine to Public Square, or the Red Line to Tower City.
- Drive downtown. Park in the Municipal Parking Lot. Ride the Waterfront Line from the South Harbor Station to Tower City from 6:30 a.m.-10:30 p.m. or walk to the parade location on Mall C.
Laketran has also announced special Park-n-Ride coverage for the parade:
Additional Park-n-Ride special service will operate from two Park-n-Ride locations:
– Mentor Park-n-Ride, 8650 Market St, Mentor, OH 44060
– Eastlake Stadium Overflow Lot, 35100 Vine Street, Eastlake, OH 44095 (located west of SOM Center, must enter from Vine Street)
The special service will operate as first come, first serve beginning at 6:00am. As buses become full, Laketran will dispatch them to the special service bus stop at the northeast corner of Lakeside Ave. and E. 13th St. and return to Lake County for additional runs into Cleveland as needed. Return service to Lake County will operate from Lakeside Ave. & E.13th as soon as riders return to the bus stop and will continue until 5:00pm. The last special buses returning to Mentor Park-n-Ride and Eastlake Stadium will depart Lakeside & E. 13th at 5:00pm.
Parking is free. Bus fare for all Park-n-Ride service on Wednesday, June 22 is $5.00 round trip per person for an All Day Pass. Cash payments in exact change will only be accepted when boarding the bus.
For safety of all passengers:
No bikes will be permitted.
No open containers will be permitted.
Carpooling to the Park-n-Ride lots is encouraged.
If you drive:
If you choose to drive, know that street parking will be banned between 6 a.m.-9 p.m. and parking lots are expected to fill up fast. Special event rates will be in effect — anywhere between $20-$40.
Fox 8 News will be live on the air from 4 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. for 15.5 straight hours of coverage that will include the parade, the rally and our Fox 8 newscasts.
The event will also be streamed LIVE on Fox8.com and on the Fox 8 Facebook Page.