CLEVELAND, Ohio — If you love donuts, today is your lucky day.
It’s National Donut Day.
The day was started by the Salvation Army back in 1938 to honor the women who served donuts to troops in World War One.
To celebrate, there are plenty of deals to be had:
- Dunkin’ Donuts: one free donut with the purchase of beverage
- Krispy Kreme: one free donut (no purchase necessary, donation to Salvation Army encouraged)
- Giant Eagle:
- Free donut with purchase of any hot or cold beverage (with Advantage Card)
- Buy one half-dozen donuts, get one half-dozen donuts free
- Visit bakery dressed as non-masked super hero and get coupon for free dozen donuts
- Entermann’s: register for chance to win free donuts for a year.