CLEVELAND, Ohio - Chef Michael Ollier with the Certified Angus Beef brand showed Fox 8's Kristi Capel how to pick out the perfect type of beef for the perfect occasion and he shared his recipe for Garlic & Rosemary Studded Strip Roast.
Click here to learn more about The Certified Angus Beef Brand and also learn more about their new free smart phone app called 'Roast Perfect'.
Garlic & Rosemary Studded Strip Roast
- 1 (4 pound) Certified Angus Beef ® strip roast
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 cloves garlic, split in half lengthwise
- 8 fresh rosemary sprigs, cut about 1 1/2-inches in length
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Additional kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Mix minced garlic, dried rosemary and 1 teaspoon salt in small mixing bowl. Cut approximately 20 slits evenly spaced around roast, about 1-inch deep using a paring knife. Rub mixture evenly all over roast and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 450ºF. Remove roast from refrigerator and wipe clean with a paper towel. Rub roast with olive oil and season all sides with additional salt and pepper to taste. Place fat side up, in roasting pan fitted with rack.
- Place roast in oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and reduce temperature to 325ºF. Insert halved garlic cloves and rosemary sprigs evenly into pre-made slits. Place roast back in oven and continue cooking about 1 1/4 hours, for medium doneness (135-140°F).
- Remove roast from oven, place on cutting board and loosely tent with foil. Allow to rest 15 minutes before slicing roast across the grain.
Serves approximately 8.
Recipe provided by the Certified Angus Beef ® brand