Roasted Tomato Gnocchi
Courtesy of: Crust
- 1 ¼ lbs. of New York style Ricotta Cheese
- 2 large eggs or 3 small ones
- 1 tea spoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon of granulated onion
- 1 ½ cups of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 ¾ cups of all-purpose flour
- Flour for dusting
- In a bowl combine all of the ingredients together (except for the flower) and mix with a spoon until combined well.
- Add in the flour and mix until combined and all the flour has been absorbed. Be careful not to over mix.
- Set aside in a bowl and let stand for 20 minutes to overnight in the fridge.
- Now your ready to roll it out the dough like a piece of play dough about the thickness of your thumb. Take a ball of dough the size of a tennis ball and roll it under your hands until it is about a foot and a half long , dust with a little flour before and after rolling. Repeat the process until all of the dough has been rolled out.
- Cut the rolled out dough into inch long nuggets and dust with more flour
- Drop all the nuggets into salted boiling water for around five minutes let them float for a least 2 minutes before you pull them out of the water. Drain and set aside