Hair tie caused staph infection on Kentucky woman’s wrist

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

WARNING: Some images in the video below may be disturbing for some viewers

LOUISVILLE, Kentucky – A woman is recovering from a nasty infection after wearing a glittery hair tie on her wrist.

According to WLKY, the woman got a staph infection, causing her to go to the ER for her pain.

She first had a bump and thought it was possibly a spider bite, but as it grew bigger she became more concerned.

Doctors initially put her on antibiotics, but she eventually had to have the bump drained.

She now wants to warn people to be careful before just leaving hair ties on their wrists.