Recipe from Chef Ruth Levine, owner of Bistro 185
- 1 large Spanish onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 medium eggplant, dicedOK
- 2 small zucchini, diced
- 2 small yellow squash, diced
- 2 - 28 oz cans marazano tomatoes
- 1 each red, yellow, orange peppers, diced
- 1 cup diced butternut squash
- 1/2 can tomato paste
- 1 cup dry white wine
- fresh herbs - basil, tarragon, thyme, parsley
- Juice and zest of 1 orange
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Saute onions and garlic until soft
- Add all vegetables (diced in 1/2" cubes) along with wine and herbs and orange zest and juice.
- Simmer on stove or in oven at least one hour or longer until vegetables are soft.
Serve as a side dish, as a main course with polenta or pasta, or at room temperature on bruschetta.