Oven Dried Tomato Pasta with Sausage
- 2 lb roma plum tomatoes (about 8) halved lengthwise
- ½ C. olive oil
- Extra olive oil for drizzling
- ¼-½ tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 or 2 cloves minced garlic
- ½ C. grated Romano or parmesan cheese
- Extra cheese for serving
- 2 C. baby arugula
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage chilled in freezer 1 hour
- 1 lb tubed pasta of choice
Preheat oven 250 F
Using your finger, scoop most of the seeds from the tomatoes.
Place tomatoes on a baking sheet, drizzle with a little olive oil, minced garlic, red paper flakes and salt. Place in 250F oven and roast 4 hours.
Allow tomatoes to cool a bit, rough chop and then add to ½ C. olive oil. Set aside.
Slice chilled sausage into rings and sauté over low to medium heat until slightly browned on both sides. Start the pasta while sausage is cooking.
Remove cooked sausage from pan and discard grease.
Add cooked pasta to sausage pan (over low heat). Give it a gentle stir to pick up sausage flavors on bottom of pan.
Stir in sausage, arugula and grated cheese. Serve with a sprinkling of extra cheese and maybe a little drizzle of olive oil.