SAN FRANCISCO, California — A Pittsburgh-native interning with Apartment List in San Francisco is getting a lot of attention for a blog he wrote about Chipotle burritos.
Dylan Grosz says he discovered the formula to maximize your Chipotle burrito by as much as 86% — and it’s all free!
How did he do it? According to the blog, Grosz says he ordered 5 burritos a day for a week — and weighed all the ingredients.
He developed six tips to help you get the most for your money:
- Get a burrito bowl with a tortilla on the side – Grosz says this tip alone will increase the ingredients in your burrito by 15%
- Ask for two tortillas (on the side) – This, Grosz says, will increase the total weight by 25%
- Order both kinds of rice – You’ll get almost 93% more rice, at no extra cost, Grosz found.
- Order both types of beans – Combining pinto and black beans will get you 92% more beans
- Go half-and-half on the meats – (Do you see a pattern here? Going half-and-half on ingredients means more!) Grosz discovered asking for half an order of two types of meats increased the total meat by 54%
- Ask for fajita veggies and corn salsa – Grosz says this addition not only increases the weight of your burrito by about 15%, but it also will help you feel like you’re getting a more nutritionally balanced meal