CLEVELAND, Ohio — Large crowds are expected in Cleveland this weekend with the Browns, Indians and Gladiators hosting games downtown.
The Browns are hosting the St. Louis Rams, the Indians are hosting the Houston Astros, and the Cleveland Gladiators are hosting the Arizona Rattlers for the ArenaBowl championship.
With so many fans out and about, there could be traffic delays both coming into the city and leaving downtown.
Cleveland Police have the following tips:
- Arrive downtown early.
- Utilize public transportation such as buses and the rapid transit system.
- If driving is necessary or desirable plan a travel route into and out of the city and have a secondary route in mind.
- Familiarize yourself with downtown parking garages and surface lots – understand that the lots nearest the ballpark generally fill up first.
- Abide by parking prohibitions (street parking is illegal on streets adjacent to Progressive Field before, during and immediately after each game).
- Be aware of increased pedestrian traffic particularly around Progressive and First Energy Stadium.
As far as parking, it will not be permitted on East 9th Street, Ontario Street and marked areas of Lakeside Avenue and Prospect Road. Signs will be posted, and meters will be bagged in advance.
Illegally parked vehicles will be towed at the owner’s expense, and stored at the division’s One Stop Impound Lot at 3040 Quigley Road.
For more on downtown traffic and tips, click here.