Recipe from Chef Brad Cecchi of Urban Farmer
This recipe will be served at the upcoming Veggie U. Food & Wine 2014: Tastes of the World. It's an evening of international cuisine prepared by more than a dozen local chefs to raise money for Veggie U's Classroom Gardens. For more information, click here.
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 3 T cumin seed
- 2 T dried oregano
- 2 t chile flake
- 1 T smoked paprika
- Juice of 3 limes
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 T kosher salt
- 1 lb. flank steak (or skirt steak)
- In a saute pan toast the spices (cumin, oregano, chile flake, paprika)
- Combine toasted spices, lime juice, onion and garlic in a blender and puree until smooth. Slowly drizzle in oil.
- Combine marinade with beef and marinate for 6 - 12 hours
- Grill to preferred temperature