Hot Dog Diner
July is National Hot Dog Month! Dave Teare from The Hot Dog Diner joined us in the kitchen with some of their crazy dogs and award-winning burgers! Check out our video clip.
It’s one of the biggest allergies in Northeast Ohio – poison ivy. Min Keung, a Naturalist from Cleveland Metroparks joined us with more information!
Dr. Marc: Eye Care
Are cheap sunglasses just as good as the expensive ones? Is it okay to swim in your contacts? Dr. Marc talks eye care!
Remember, if you have questions for Dr. Marc, tweet them to @askdrmarc and he’ll get you answers!
Angie McClure was back with your Travel Tuesday Deal of the Week. Today was all about “Square Deals.” Apple Vacations offers Square Deals – the best value vacation packages. They feature the lowest prices for a specific hotel rating. You choose the destination, departure date, and rating, and they pick your hotel! By being flexible, you can save hundreds!
Great Square deals to Punta Cana:
- 8/18 – 4 nights 5 apple square deal $749.00 per person
- 6 apple adult only square deal $849.00 per person
- 8/18-7 nights
- 5 apple Square deal $879.00 per person
- 6 apple adult only $1149.00 per person
Limited availability-savings of over $300.00 per person
Also booking for Thanksgiving, Christmas and next year Spring Break!
Visit www.canarytravel.com for more information!
Get your donut fix 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in Mentor!
Lager and Vine
Sometimes you have to decide between a nice dinner and finding a place to take the whole family. Well, we found a place that can do both! We visited Lager and Vine Gastropub and Wine Bar.
Lager and Vine has two locations – one in Medina, and one in Hudson.
Tony Zabiegala from Strategic Wealth Partners was here to tell us why it is essential to develop a financial plan!
- Creates a baseline by getting all your earning and spending habits down on paper. Most people have never done this, and it is very important and normally an eye opener too.
- Take everything a step further with “Monte Carlo Projections.” This takes a look at spending habits and other baseline indicators and compares with the rates of returns on your assets. The projection runs thousands of simulations (good & bad results) to see where you stand on a statistical measurement.
o It measures if you will have money at last life expectancy. If the MC is 70% or higher, we consider that a successful plan. Anything lower, and we need to consider lifestyle changes.
- Create your Family Index Number. This number represents what types of returns your investments need to achieve so they last as long you do.
- Discuss “what if” scenario. If you have a successful plan, we may suggest early retirement or give you an indication of how much more you can spend in retirement. If the plan in not successful, we will give solutions on how to right the ship (work longer, spend less, save more).
What is the secret to beautiful landscaping and giant, healthy plants? Quality, organic topsoil and mulch! We went inside Kurtz Bros. to find you the very best for your yard!
How much time do you spend making your garden look beautiful? Kurtz Bros. wants to reward all your hard work! Snap a picture of your gardens, lawns, and landscaping and you could win $250 gift certificate to one of their 4 locations. Visit www.fox8.com for all the details!
Some of the fastest drivers in the country will be rolling into Norwalk next weekend for the Summit Racing Equipment NHRA Nationals! We welcomed Driver, J.R. Todd for more information!
The event is happening July 3-6, 2014 at Summit Motorsports Park in Norwalk, OH!