Recipe from Deb Williams of Hot Sauce Williams
Hot Sauce Williams is one of several local restaurants that will participate in the annual "Grapes and Ale" BBQ benefit for Our Lady of the Wayside. Click here for information. (Fox 8 is a proud sponsor)
BBQ Pork Shoulder
- 1 - 4 or 5 pound pork shoulder can be bone in or bone out
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper
- White or wheat bread or Kaiser buns
- Trim some fat from meat.
- Combine all spices and add spices to pot with enough cold water to cover shoulder.
- Cook on medium to high flame for two hours.
- Smoke meat over a charcoal grill for about 1 hour, check with a meat thermometer.
- Temperature should be 160 degrees.
- Wait 15 minutes before slicing
- Cover with Hot Sauce Williams BBQ Sauce