How would you like the chance to have an award winning chef come into your home and cook a 4-course dinner for you and your friends? That's exactly what local award winning chef Zack Bruell wants to do.
It's the 5th Annual Tour De Bruell and Zack explained how it works to Fox 8's Stefani Schaefer while he shared a recipe for a healthy summer salad.
Click here to learn more about Zack Bruell's 5th Annual Tour De Bruell
Herb Grilled Chicken Breast Salad With Whole Grain Mustard Vinaigrette
Four 6-7oz Chicken Breasts
- 1oz fresh thyme chopped
- 1oz fresh tarragon chopped
- 1oz fresh basil chopped
- 1oz fresh chives chopped
- 2oz Evoo
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Mix all of the above.
- Marinate chicken breast for 2-4 hours.
- Grill chicken over high heat until cooked through. Set aside.
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 poblano pepper
- 1 cubanal pepper
Roast peppers on grill, charring on all sides. Place in bowl and cover with plastic wrap when cool enough to handle peel away skin. Discard seeds and stems. Julianne peppers and set aside. (This can be done a day before).
- 4oz endive sliced (core discarded)
- 4oz frisee torn into bite-size pieces
- 4oz radicchio chopped
- 4oz arugula
All of the above washed and dried.
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 bulb fennel, sliced thin
- 2 oranges, segmented
- 1 cup cooked white beans
Whole grain mustard vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1cup Evoo
- 1 tablespoon thyme chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives minced
Whisk together mustard and vinegar. Slowly add Evoo to emulsify. Finish with chopped herbs.
To assemble salad:
Mix greens with pine nuts, fennel, orange segments, white beans and roasted peppers.
Dress salad with mustard vinaigrette.
Divide among four bowls.
Place sliced grilled chicken on top and finish with fresh lemon juice.