Horseradish Crusted Salmon with Herbed Creme Fraiche and Cucumbers
Recipe from Chef Brandon Chrostowski, Chef & Owner of "Edwins Restaurant"
- 4 (6 Ounce) Filets
- Salt and Pepper
- Horseradish Crust, recipe below
- 24 Oz Crème Fraiche, available in most specialty stores.
- Mixture of 1 ½ Tablespoons each of the following chopped fine, Celery Leaves, Dill and Parsley
- 1 English Cucumber, cut in half, sliced thin on a mandoline
- Liberally season salmon with salt and pepper. Place on a cookie sheet that has been brushed with vegetable oil and place under the broiler. Cook for 4 minutes, turn over and top with a horseradish crust. Cook for 4 for minutes or until desired internal temperature.
- Meanwhile, in a medium sized skillet, warm the Crème Fraiche, herbs and cucumber. Turn off heat when warmed through. Season with salt and pepper.
- To Plate: Place a mound of cucumbers in the middle of the plate. Pour sauce around the cucumbers. Place the salmon, crust side up on top of the cucumbers.
For the Horseradish Crust:
- 3 Cups of bread crumbs
- 2 ounces of salmon
- ½ pound of butter, cubed, at room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 4 Tablespoons of prepared horseradish
- Mix all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl or in a kitchen aid, using the paddle attachement.
- On some parchment paper, use a rolling pin to form into a square a ¼ inch thick. Cut into pieces large enough to cover the top of the salmon filets. Any leftover can be frozen for future use.