Recipe from Sister Donna Capuano, Ursuline Motherhouse Coordinator & amateur chef
*For information on the 5th Annual Ursuline Derby Day at FirstEnergy Stadium, click here
Sister Donna's Spaghetti & Meatballs Sauce
- 1 29 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 12 oz can tomato paste
- 1 t. minced garlic or 1 clove
- 1 t. each oregano, basil, parsley
- 1 lb. sweet Italian sausage
- 1 lb. pork country ribs
- Into a large pot empty sauce and paste, refill both cans with water and mix together.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer.
- Add garlic, oregano, basil and parsley flakes and stir until mixed.
- Cut sausage and ribs into 2 inch pieces and brown in oven.
- After meat is browned, place into sauce and let it simmer for 2 hours.
- Sister Donna's tip: the longer it simmers, the better it will taste!
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 t minced garlic or 1 clove
- 1 t. each oregano, basil, parsley flakes
- 1 lb. ground beef
- Mix ground meat, bread crumbs, garlic, oregano, basil, parsley flakes and egg.
- Roll into 1 1/2 inch balls and place on broiler pan to brown in the oven.