Cajun Chicken Fettuccine
Compliments of: Little Lakewood Pasta Company
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast or Chicken tenders, cut into roughly 1 ½ “ slices
- 3 red bell peppers
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 3 jalapeno’s thinly sliced
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 2 Cups Milk (whole preferred)
- 2 bags of Little Lakewood Pasta Companies Cajun Fettuccine or 1 lb. fettuccine
- ¼ cup Cajun Seasoning (Ingredients below)
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive OIl
- 2 tsp. Paprika
- 2 Tsp. Cayenne
- 2 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. pepper
- 1 ¼ dried oregano.
- 1 ¼ dried thyme
- 1 -2 tsp. crushed red pepper
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
***If you are using store bought pasta, you will want to get the pasta in the boiling pot before starting the directions. If using the Little Lakewood Pasta, or other fresh pasta, we will be adding this in last
- Rub 2 of the red bell peppers with olive oil and place directly over an open flame. Roast until the skin is charred on all edges and place in a plastic bag and seal. Let steam in the bag for about 10 minutes and then remove the charred skin, and remove seeds and stems. Chop roughly, and toss into your food processor or blender and puree to as thin as possible. It is okay if this is a little chunky. If you do not have a gas stove, you can place the oiled peppers on a cookie sheet, and bake at 450 for about 15 minutes or until charred on all sides.
- Place your thinly sliced bell peppers, onions and jalapeno’s in a bowl and coat with olive oil , salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl toss your sliced chicken in olive oil and about 2-3 tbs. of Cajun Seasoning.
- In a saucepot, add a little bit of olive oil and add in 2 tbs. of Cajun seasoning. Stir and cook for about a minute or two to release flavors. Add in 2 Cups Heavy Cream, and 2 cups milk over medium heat, and bring to a gently boil, whisking frequently to prevent boiling over.
- In a skillet, sauté your veggies, and cook until veggies are soft,
- In a separate skillet cook your chicken. If you have a griddle top or wish to grill the veggies and chicken, you can do this as well. Cook the chicken until it reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees.
- Once the veggies and chicken are cooked, remove from heat.
- Once the sauce has reduced by 1/2, reduce to a very low simmer and add in the purred peppers ½ cup at a time and taste. If you think it need to be a bit more spicy, don’t be afraid to add more Cajun seasoning.
- With a minute to go, throw your pasta into the large pot of boiling water. Check at a minute, and if it’s not the desired consistency, cook for another 20 or 30 seconds.
- Strain pasta, and toss with a bit of olive oil to prevent noodles from sticking.
- Place pasta in bowls, top with sauce, chicken, vegetables and enjoy!