March 6, 2014
Reuben Egg Rolls
St. Patrick’s Day is right around the corner! What are you going to do with all that corned beef? What about making egg rolls? That’s a specialty at Sully’s Irish Pub in Medina! Ali Burmeister joined David for the how-to instructions!
Medeana Hobar from Nature’s Bin joined us for some natural ways to prevent aging! Take a look at our video clip for the full story!
Head to the “Veg Gala” at Brennan’s Party Center in Cleveland! It’s happening March 9, 2014 from 5-9 pm!
- Berries– blueberries, raspberries, cranberries & of course strawberries! Rich in antioxidants such flavonals & anthocynanins which help promote cell health & protect against disease!
- Dark chocolate– Helps protect skin from UV light exposure. Cocoa beans have a higher antioxidant capacity than any other food!
- Beans– great lowfat source of protein! High in fiber too! Anti-cancer properties such as protease inhibitors/genistein are found in kidney beans & soy beans!
- Fish oil– great source of omega 3 fatty acids- cold water fish such as salmon, herring, tuna & sardines! A plant based option would be flaxseed oil!
- Vegetables– raw is best! Lightly steamed too! Loaded with antioxidants & fiber!
- Nuts– great source of omega 3 fatty acids, great source of vitamins & minerals as well as calcium.
- Red wine- contains antioxidant called resveratrol which may help prevent blood clots, reduce cancer risk, and decrease inflammation! 1 glass per night!’
- Garlic– boost immune system, fights infection, reduces cholesterol, lower blood pressure & reduce inflammation.
- Avocados-great source of Vitamin E, potassium, & monounsaturated fats & antioxidants! Loaded w/ B vitamins which help reduce stress!
- Green tea- great beverage instead of coffee! High in antioxidants that help with cell repair!
- Raw green food powders- to add to smoothies -add lots of amazing nutrients without tasting so GREEN!
The Cleveland Auto Show
The Cleveland Auto Show is happening now through March 9, 2014 at the I-X Center! David checked out one of the newest features – the Ram Truck Track featuring a new set of obstacles! Natalie also got behind the wheel of a race car! Well, sort of. Just like Natalie, You can test your skills on the “Sim-Zilla” virtual race track. It’s all happening at the I-X Center!
Moss at the Movies
It’s a double feature! David took us behind the scenes of “Mr. Peabody & Sherman” and “300: Rise of an Empire.”
You can catch this guest at Hilarities on East 4th Street all weekend! We welcomed Comedian, Finesse Mitchell!
Finesse is at Hilarities tonight through Sunday!
Your Health Today
Every month there seems to be another story on the news about a young athlete collapsing during a sporting event. Cleveland Clinic Children’s Pediatric Cardiologist, Dr. Peter Aziz, joined us to talk about signs and symptoms to look for in YOUR young athlete who could be suffering from a possible undetected heart issue. A major prevention strategy? Having an AED available at all school/sport functions.
Don’t make plans for Sunday night! There’s a brand new show debuting right here on Fox 8. It promises to answer some of those questions we all have concerning everything from our own bodies, to Earth, to Space. It’s called Cosmo’s! Look for it at 9 p.m. on Fox 8.