After a heart attack at the age of 34, Chef Stacey Stoudemire said goodbye to fatty dishes and hello to healthy and delicious meals.
Stoudemire said it's simple to swap out bad ingredients for some healthy ones. She visited FOX 8 studios Saturday morning to show us how to make one of her famous dishes.
Below is her famous Heart Healthy Macaroni and Cheese:
Simply Elegant Catering
Heart Healthy Macaroni & Cheese
- 3/4 cup(s) milk, fat-free evaporated
- 1 cup(s) cottage cheese, low-fat
- 1/2 cup(s) cheese, ricotta, low-fat
- 1/2 cup(s) cheese, cheddar, low-fat
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1 dash(as) salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon cheese, Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon bread crumbs, fine, dry
- 1 pounds pasta, elbow macaroni, cooked
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Heat the milk in a saucepan over low heat. Add the cheeses until they melt, stirring constantly.
2. Stir in the nutmeg, pepper, and salt. Remove the cheese sauce from the heat. Add the cooked pasta to the cheese sauce and mix well.
3. Pour the mixture into a 2-quote lasagna glass casserole dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs. Bake the casserole for 15-20 minutes until bubbly and the top is browned.